Keeping a healthy perspective through Covid-19
How are we all coping in the midst of what seems like a global lockdown? The news is constantly communicating harrowing details about the infection rate, the death toll and general bad news how the world is not coping.
A question for us all to ponder on this Easter Monday.
How do we maintain a healthy perspective in the midst of constant communication of bad news?
In the UK at 5pm most days there is a press conference held by the government that will run through infection rate and deaths over the last 24 hours. Crikey even our Prime Minister was in intensive care fighting this virus and was very fortunate to pull through.
We need to fight for our healthy perspective through this season but how do we do it?
As a Christian I anchor my hope here.
Although the news may inform me of a subsection of what has happened it doesn’t tell me of the full picture of everything that is going on. My job as a Christian is one of obedience so that I may allow to let Jesus reign in my life.
Some declarations that I speak over my life.
- I am part of the body of Christ with an eternal purpose. (Ephesians 3:10)
- He has a great plan for my life. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Challenge will show its face, likely danger will come but I do not walk through it alone. (John 16:33)
- I am mandated to pray Heaven to Earth. (Matthew 6:10)
- I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
- The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me. (Romans 8:11)
Allowing Him to reign sometimes isn’t easy but if I can be obedient in putting my trust in Christ, He will be glorified and I will show my obedience. It needs to be a daily choice that as I face whatever the world throws at me that day I recognise I am not alone.
Over the Easter weekend my church have recently written and released a new song called ‘Jesus reigns’ please have a watch on the video embedded below. It has really spoken to me deep in my spirit as I am intentional about allowing Jesus to reign in my life.